Friday 17 December 2010

Intel Core i7 CPU Review

The Intel core i7 cpu's are some of the strongest chips that have already come down the pipe thus far. These are chips for the serious multi-tasker. These are CPU's for the hardcore gamer, the video editor, the music producer and anybody else that wants a lot of power going to numerous distinctive processes.

You might be gaming in vast 3D land scapes or making use of Maya to sculpt your own, it doesn't matter, the i7 can deal with it. I have a pair of core i7 personal computers  I use. I game with one, and do my video and audio work on the other. So I can say with some certainty that these processors can deal with pretty significantly anything that's thrown at them.

Here are some impressive specs:

Processor Number Cache clock speed Bus Speed Number of Cores

i7-970 12 MB SmartCache 3.2 GHz 4.8 GT/s QPI 6
i7-960 8 MB SmartCache 3.2 GHz 4.8 GT/s QPI 4
i7-950 8 MB SmartCache 3.06 GHz 4.8 GT/s QPI 4
i7-860 8 MB SmartCache 2.8 GHz 2.5 GT/s DMI 4

I have a system with core i7 cpu's now, and I have to say they are brilliant. I used to run on duel cores, and I thought they were fantastic, but the i7 just knocked them flat. I wont try and say it cut my waiting time in half, but I certain noticed the difference in a large way. Actually the biggest difference you'll notice whenever you upgrade is the difference whenever you are running quite a few tasks at once.
I keep in mind the first time I tried to lagg it on purpose. I ran my video editing software, audio editing software and a video converter all at once. Normally I would get noticable lagg, and perhaps even have to shut some thing down. Not anymore. The i7 was able to maintain up with every thing quite well.
As for gaming I tend to run WoW, along with a few other games, mainly 1 I definitely enjoy called 9Dragons. I wasn't able to set lots of of my games past medium, or even low, on a number of of the a lot more intense choices. With my core i7 computers, along with a graphics card update, I can run every thing at top performance levels and not worry at all about lagg. Too sweet for words.

If a new personal pc is inside the cards for you, and you aren't certain yet what to look for, I would suggest a new core i7 computer. Anybody who plans to do any sort of intenst activity with their new system will need to seriously take into account the i7, particularly if you are going to be using numerous programs at once. When you need power, you would like the top, and at the moment the extremely most effective CPU you can get is an intel core i7.


0 comments:

Post a Comment